There are many ways you can volunteer to help the Las Lomitas Foundation.
You can join the Foundation Board. The Board’s role is to help support our fundraising efforts. Responsibilities include:
- communicating about the foundation with your assigned families. This is the primary responsibility.
- helping with key events such as Fun Run, Grandparents Day, Auction, Time commitment depends on your availability.
The Board meets once a month in the evening, and you might receive weekly communications with information to share with your assigned families.
Many people have told us how much they would like to volunteer for the Foundation but not as Board Members. Now you can help your children's schools by serving as a Friend of the Foundation! As a Friend of the Foundation, you will have three responsibilities:
- Stake yards near your neighborhood with thank-you signs at the end of October and then collect them when we're finished campaigning. This is a 1-2 hour time commitment in the Fall
- Volunteer to work at either Grandparents' Day or the Auction. Grandparents' Day happens on a weekday at La Entrada this year. The auction is a great chance to work with other parents, and there will be an evening or weekend opportunity to help. This will be a 2-hour time commitment in the Spring
- Be on call to help other volunteers stuff letters, assemble flyers, or support the Fun Run. This requires no additional time commitment unless you choose to give additional time.
To get involved, contact the Foundation President at email@example.com